Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Article Writing Secrets - The DNA of a Great Article in Just 4 Powerful Parts

By Jeff Herring

Article writing requires the following four simple yet powerful ingredients for a great article.

1. It's good enough to represent you well on the internet

It doesn't have to be perfect. By that I don't mean sloppy, gross, bad, full of typos and other things.

So I'm not saying be careless. Do your spell check, do your grammar check, but get your article out there. Success that may not be perfect but it's success out there working for you versus an article sitting in your computer that you'll finish 'some day.'

2. Actionable info

It's stuff people can use. Give them at least one gold nugget that they can take and use right away. Don't worry about giving away the store. If your store only has one nugget, you need to grow your store, you need to get deeper into your niche and put some more things into that store.

3. Know, like, and trust factor

This is so important. It's why I'm always stressing writing like you talk, because that is one of the best ways to help people know, like, and trust you. Just write like you talk.

Back when I was a relationship coach and marriage and family therapist, one of the best compliments I ever received from anybody - and I just grinned when someone would tell me this - they'd say, "Jeff, you don't talk like a therapist."

My first thought was, "Oh, thank goodness!" I used to joke it off, but then I realized that's important to that person. Because I talk like a regular person, or I did when I was working with people in their heads and hearts, they felt like they could talk with me. They felt comfortable because I'm just about as regular of a person as you can get.

So write like you talk. When you're writing, think about talking to people in your niche - certain people, one person - this is how you get people to know, like, and trust you.

Also you help people to know, like and trust you when you give them something they can do and take action on, when you help them solve a problem.

4. Give me more now

That's when you leave them in the article wanting more of your information and wanting it from you. Write those two lines down, that's very important and critical to what we're talking about here. They want more information and they want it from you.

That's golden, folks. That's how you set yourself apart in your niche and become the go-to person, by writing lots and lots of articles that are good enough to represent you well, that have actionable information, things people can go and use right away, that help people to know, like, and trust you, and leave people wanting more now.

And now I would like to offer you free access to 2 of my Instant Article Templates when you subscribe to my free Article Marketing Minute, a 52 week audio/video newsletter on Article Marketing. You can get your instant access at http://www.ArticleMarketingMinute.com

From Jeff Herring - The Internet Article Guy & the Great Article Marketing Network

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeff_Herring

No comments: